Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Liebster Blog Award


I am so very flattered to be nominated for this prestigious award by a fellow blogger, Melissa, at dreamweaverswife.




here are the rules to receiving this blog recognition award. 


1. Post 11 random facts about yourself

2. Choose 11 deserving other bloggers

3. Let them know they have been chosen

4. Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked

5. Now give 11 questions to the ones you have chosen. 

NO TAGS BACK



ok.......


Time to share..About me....


1. I can sit in the house for days on end without leaving. I read, play games, blog, watch (quality) TV, connect with friends.


2. As a teen I wrote poetry, expressing angst and depression. 


3.  I have been in recovery for 20 years, and glad of it.  Had a bad run for too many years.


4. I am still grieving over the loss of my mom and sister to cancer, in 2006 and 2010, respectively. I still talk to them. 


5. I love foreign foods, but only in restaurants.  


6. I have become a lazy housekeeper; actually, I am no housekeeper at all.  Prefer not to even cook, and wouldn't if it wasn't for my guilt about not working while hubby does.


7. I love all animals, espec. my pup, and I cry at homeless dog commercials. But some reptiles, like snakes or crocs, have no good reason to live, in my book.


8. I am a true Libra - indecisive, but can always see both sides. Some may call me wishy-washy.


9. I love to travel - hubby hates to fly but will do it, with 
medication! We've been on about 10 cruises, too.


10. I hate getting older (60 in October). Why did we all want to be older when we were teens?


11. I am truly stunned at man's cruelty. The news has me shaking  my head in disbelief, but I can't keep my head in the sand. No one should.  




-----------------------------------------------




Now here are the 11 question I was asked:

1. Did you enjoy your childhood?
I have some amazing and fun memories of my youth, and some less so....I was very shy, and felt only my family loved me unconditionally. We were very close and traveled a lot.



2. Where would you like to live if you had your choice?
I love where I live - a beautiful coastal town in Mass....However, I would love to snowbird somewhere else in winter.


3. Would you rather have all the money in the world or be right where you are? (its okay to tell the truth :-))

I'm ok where I am, but becoming a jet setter wouldn't be so bad.



4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?

An English teacher....I loved to play school, although I was usually both the teacher and the student! 



5. Whats the biggest mistake you have ever made?

Can't pick just one...But all the mistakes I may have made have brought me here, and that's a good place.



6. What is the best thing you have ever done?

I loved and cared for my mom, dad, and sister, when they were well, and when they were sick.  They are all gone now.



7. Do you ever feel like you just don't like your kids or spouse?

I have no children. That takes care of that. But since I am on hubby #2, I guess I didn't like a lot about #1! I have become so much more accepting of behaviors that bug me.



8. What is your favorite color?

Caribbean blues...all shades.

9. Do you have an obsession?
Yes, obsessed with happiness and joy. Sometimes it's not so easy.

10. Do you have a confession?
I confess to being lazy and unmotivated. 

11. What is your thoughts on this liebster blog award?
At first I was leery. Then I polled more experienced bloggers who, just like Nike, said, "just do it".


Here are the 11 blogs that I believe deserve this, because they are my favorites.  Please check them out and show them some love.




I have so many more to add, but am limited to only 11, I guess.
And now, the moment we've been waiting for - 11 (nosey, prying) questions for my chosen to answer:


1.  How many hours a day are you on your computer?
2.  Given a choice, would you rather travel to Afghanistan or India?
3.  What was the worst moment of your life?
4. What was the best moment of your life?
5.  Do you really read the blogs you visit, and do you make thoughtful comments, or just B.S.?
6.  What is you best hopes for the future?  
7.  Do you think it's too late to save what's left of our planet?  If not, what's the plan?
8.  How would you describe your siblings?
9.  Where would your ideal place to live be?
10. If you won lots of money, name the first  5 things you would do?
11.  Can you believe how involved it is to receive this Liebster Blog Award?






  

No comments:

Post a Comment